Sunday, July 20, 2008

Updates from the 'Stan







Okay, so my mother-in-law, Karen, was concerned that I am giving an unequal treatment to my Facebook audience and not really keeping the Blogger audience as informed, so I am going to put up a few posts here to let you know what I've been up to. Also, because the Blogger format is more conducive to journal writing with a few pictures, I will put up the best pictures, and then if you want to see more, you will have to go to Facebook and see the rest.

For this first one, I have some various "field trip" pictures. Most of them are just various places we went throughout the area in which we work, mostly from where we stop and talk to people. We also had one day where a bunch of kids came around and we got one of the little girls to try a ClifShot Gel, in mocha flavor. If you don't know that is, they are little packets of thick syrup that contains calories for energy and, in this case, caffeine. From the picture you can see that she didn't like it much. There was also one very early morning where we had to drive up a big hill and park on top. I'll leave to your imagination what we were doing up there... no, it wasn't sleeping, although the though had crossed our minds. It was a very early start to a very long day. Also, sometimes people ask how it is that we get our supplies, whether they are driven out here or brought by some other way, so there are a couple pictures of how the modern man hunts his dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Casey! Thanks for responding to your mother-in-law's minor complaints. I enjoy the pictures and your journaling always.

Stay well.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure your not somewhere between Baker and Las Vegas? I thought I spotted a double wide in the background.