Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day - 2008!!!



Well, Happy Independence Day to everyone out there in America and elsewhere! Just thought that I would post a few pictures up from our little barbecue we had today. It was pretty awesome because a lot of the food we have been eating here is Afghan food. For those of you who didn't know, our dining room and kitchen building burnt down a few weeks ago due to an electrical fire. The Afghan food is actually pretty good, but after a while you get tired of rice and beans, so the steak, corn on the cob, mashdapatoes, and pie was a welcome treat! We actually cooked up way more steak and corn than we needed, so we gave the leftovers to the Afghan guys who work here on the camp.

So, I need to take an opinion poll. Debra says that she does not like my beard because "I do not look like me" and that she thinks it does not look "pretty". I think that I look like me except that I have hair on my face and have no idea what pretty has to do with anything. What do you all think?

4 comments:

ashley said...

sorry sister,
but i have to vote with casey this time.

he'll shave when he gets home...

Casey said...

I'll have to shave it before I go back to Kandahar to get ready to leave...

Anonymous said...

I agree. I think the beard suits him right now being in rugged Afganistan.

Elin

Excellent Parent said...

i like the face fro-you look nice Casey!! Happy Independence day!