Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Status of the Beard

a

Just thought that I would drop everyone a quick note to let you know how my secondary mission here is going, and that is the growing of the beard; kind of like the running of the bulls, but without the risk of getting speared by a horn or the expense of traveling to Spain.

As you can see, it is coming in quite well. I am trying to see if it will get any lighter as it gets prolonged exposure to the sun, something we have in ample supply. Not that I am self-conscious about it, but there are quite a few grey (nay, white) hairs on my chin and I just think that, overall, it would look better if the whole thing were lighter and they all matched.

Of course, there is also the sub-task to this mission and that is to not cut my hair until I leave my currently undisclosed location. This won't be near as drastic as the face hair, since the hair on my scalp doesn't grow very fast.

Previously, Debra has expressed concern that she doesn't like my beard, and that it makes me look like "a scary man." However, these pictures were not actually taken by me in my room with bad lighting, and she thinks they look a lot better. Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denise (boy) thinks that Casey looks better with a beard...what do you thing about THAT?

Anonymous said...

Dude, love the beard! I shaved mine off when our kids started to mimic one of their dinosaur books..."That's not my Daddy his face is toooo scratchy"...

j said...

I like it, you look like a Rugged Mountain man.