Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A few pictures...



Here are some photos from the last few weeks.




I'm not sure in which order they will actually post, but you will get the idea. First of all, their is Nehemiah helping me pack some of my gear the day we left. Actually, he was popping bubble wrap while I was packing and entertaining everyone else by talking about random stuff at the same time. Then there is the one of the sunset. It would probably be a beautiful sunset were it not for the dense layer of dust in the air that makes a SoCal summer afternoon with no wind seem like a breath of pure oxygen. They say that the dust in Afghanistan is approximately 20% fecal material. And then there is a picture of me, enjoying a tasty beverage at the Grean Bean here at Kandahar Airbase. Again, note the aforementioned drink that, if I were staying here my entire deployment, would cause me to be broke at $4.25 a piece. Also, just to point out, I am not staying at Kandahar Airbase for my entire deployment, and in fact should have been out of here a long time ago, but because of reasons that are no fault of my own and way out of my control, I am still here. I am actually quite bored and without much to do. I do have a lot of movies on my computer and some video games for my PSP, but you can only do that so much. Soon I may have to start reading books for entertainment again. I did buy a CD yesterday at the PX by a band call "Anberlin" put out by Tooth and Nail Records. I had heard them on the radio back home and liked the one song that the radio played, so I got it. It's pretty good. If you like bands like Keane, Snow Patrol, Watashi Wa, then you would probably like it. Interestingly enough, one of the band members, in his "thanks" section of the CD jacket, says hi to Seth Roberts... I say that because I thought it was cool and I like Seth's music and sometimes his wife reads this blog, although, more because of my wife than because of me.

Well, I guess that is enough rambling for now. Take care and don't forget to write.

casey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Casey!

Glad to hear you are doing well so far (aside from the pooey weather and boring circumstances)

I will burn you a few CDs from my library so you have more music to enjoy.

Elin