Saturday, May 17, 2008

On the road again...


Well, I am soon to embark on another grand adventure to "exotic locations" but I just wanted to assure you all that I will still maintain my standard of writing on this blog as often as I have thus far... oh wait, I haven't ever written on this blog before. Okay, well, I will start now. For those of you who don't know, I am leaving soon, and by soon, that is exactly what I mean, to go back to Afghanistan and do whatever it is that I do. I could go into a long dissertation on what exactly that is, but most of it is at least somewhat classified and so I'd have to make you no more, and we don't want that. Suffice to say, however, that I will do my best to do a good job and come back with all of my parts that I left home with.

I have had a few days in a row off to spend with the family before departing and that has been nice... all except the part where Nehemiah is in the full throws of the "terrible Two's". He is in bed now and I am sitting here with my faithful writing companion, Jesus (the cat, not the Son of God... actually He's here, too, although, I was referring to the cat) relaxing on the couch while I wait for the rest of my laundry to dry. I'm not sure why I included that part, since you really don't care about my laundry, and are probably confused at the least in regard to my ramblings about the cat and God. The point is that I am taking some of my last few relaxing moments in the states and sharing them with you, our valued reader.

While I am away, though, be sure to check the blog regularly, as I will be sure to write ever once in a while, sharing some little bit of wisdom or witty banter that will, no doubt, invoke your emotions to either laughter or nausea. I'll have to edit my stories somewhat in order to post them on the internet because as we all know the Taliban guys also have Blogspot and Myspace and more than likely Facebook by now, and every little bit of information we post up detailing our really cool stories of action and heroism are bound to allow them to paint a more specific picture of how we, the American Military, does its business. Fear not, though, I will send back many a cool picture of where I sleep, what I eat, and, if you are lucky, where I relieve myself (not the excrement you sicko, the facilities!), so that you, our faithful and intelligent readers, can have the best picture possible of "how it is".

So, until next time, I bid you farewell. And if you want my mailing address so that you can send me cool stuff, let me know.

-casey

2 comments:

Casey said...

Holy crap, I crack myself up!

Excellent Parent said...

your so funny!!