Saturday, May 24, 2008

Greetings from Aghanistan

Well, I am here now. There isn't too much to tell you yet, since we are just sitting in Kandahar Airbase awaiting a flight to go elsewhere, which is of course somewhere to remain nameless. We've been here for a couple of days now, having left Manas Airbase in Kyrgistan with light showers and temperatures around 70 F, to come into very dry conditions and temperatures near 120F here. At least it isn't humid. Yesterday there was a lot of dust kicked up by the wind which was a pain, but today seems to be a lot more calm. The food here is pretty good on the camp we are in within the base, and there is a PX (army store) right across the street from our camp, as well as a Green Bean right next door to that... The Green Bean is the Army deployment version of Starbucks. Luckily I am not staying on this base or I would blow all my money there because it is so stinkin' good. I had a Spiced Chai Frappe last night. It was tasty. Where I will eventually be going, there is no Green Bean or PX or anything for that matter.

Well, I guess that is about it. I would write more, but seriously, there isn't much to write about at this moment.

Word.

1 comment: