Saturday, December 27, 2008

How To Remove a Beard 101

Okay, so I am sure this is much to the enjoyment of my wife, but it was time to shave the beard. I am soon to leave here (where I can have a beard) and go there (where I am not allowed to have a beard), and since it was just beginning to become annoying, I figured I'd just get it over with. Of course when you have a nice big beard and you are going to shave it off, you might as well have fun with it and see what you'd look like with other sorts of facial hair manipulations...


First, here is what it looked like before today; actually about a week ago.




Then you have what I would look like had I been growing a goatee for about eight months. Serious, it is a thing of beauty.





Then you have these sweet things! I'm not sure which is scarier, the goatee or the handlebars...





Actually, I liked these so much, that I put up two pictures. Right after I took this picture, one of the Czech guys came in and told me that I looked like a "motorbiker"... that's funny because Debra asked me last night, "Why would you do that? Do you want to look like Paul Sr. from American Chopper?" If only, that guy is huge!





And then there is this sad picture. Look how sad this face looks without the warm and wooly coat it has become so accustomed to. Oh well.

9 comments:

Debra K said...

I love it, I love it, I LOVE IT!

ashley said...

I wish you had been able to grow your hair out as well... a mullet would have looked awesome with the "motorbiker" stage of beard removal...

Casey said...

I actually could probably have grown my hair out the entire eight months, but the helmet and long hair don't get along too well; it kind of hurts your scalp.

Unknown said...

ahahahahahaha, i am glad you had fun with the beard. did you ever see william west's choppers? those were great too! not for keeps, but fun for a day or two!

Anonymous said...

Casey....good pix. I know your joy. I know your pain. Debra just doesn't understand.

But it is good to know that you are going to a place where beards are not allowed.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is the Casey I know!

Anonymous said...

Is that a Grey streak in that first picture? And my fave was the biker.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I miss the good times...

Excellent Parent said...

i liked the h andle bars, the first pic was a little much, LOL. you look awsome.....