Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Joyful Christian


This past weekend, I got to spend time with Elin, a friend from Cal Poly. Elin recently came to Christ and her husband soon followed. My heart leaps with joy that i have 2 more friends that I get to spend eternity with. Spending time with Elin reminded me of my early Christian days, days that i now find myself longing for. The days when you just couldnt wait to get away to spend time to pray and read your Bible instead of having it be one of the things that you "need to do". How thoughts of God consume your mind and your heart and are spilled out of your mouth. Elin and I spent alot of time talking about how God works in our lives. I loved to hear how God has changed her heart about things that she once felt strongly about. When she left to go home I found myself praying, God i want THAT desire I once had for you, back. What do i need to do? God spoke to me today when i asked Him again. His answer was simple.



"Let ME consume you."







ok God Consume me...




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I have felt the same way so many times and you summed it up so well! Man I miss you guys!

ashley said...

that was a good post.
i want that, too.

let me know how it's going...

love, ash